Places i've been to, photos of my trips and the gear that i use.
Last updated 2 October 2019
Liesjärvi is a small national park with quite nice lake scenery and trails of varying difficulty. The ridge across the lake Liesjärvi is beautiful. It's reachable by a 1,5h bus ride from Helsinki, making it an excellent weekend getaway even without a car. There's only a few lean-to shelters and it has a kota, but unfortunately the kota was closed due to vandalism.
Teijo was a place i've wanted to visit for some time and it was totally worth it. There's a lot of narrow duckboards as it's quite a lot of bogs/swamps here. Plenty of lean-to shelters to choose from, and all of them were really nice. Only a 1,5h drive from Helsinki and if you're thirsty you can visit the Mathildedal brewery.
- Teijo winter overnighter 2018/02
A new national park really close to Helsinki. Technical MTB trails, nice gravel roads for CX riding and some nice lean-to shelters. Rather easy access with bus from the south and east entrances. Not too many lakes meaning you have to either carry water or have a filtration system. The Bisaträsk hill and Kantorsträsk lean-to shelter is one of my go-to places for a quick overnighter.
Repovesi is one of my favourite places due to it being close to Helsinki. Great in both winter and summer. The rental huts are especially nice in winter time, because you can go with quite a light pack. The Mäntyharju – Repovesi MTB trail is also fun if you are into mountain biking.
A popular place a bit further away from Helsinki with some really beautiful scenery. Would definitely like to go again.
- Hiking around Helvetinjärvi 2014/10
Not far away from Helvetinjärvi lies Seitseminen. Had heard good things about it but it was a slight dissapointment. The trails were a bit boring, more like gravel roads than actual trails.
A biketouring route in the archipelago of Turku. Possibility to go multiple routes, i've ridden the Turku-Korpo-Åland-Brändö-Turku route. The smaller islands and Åland were really nice, the bigger islands closer to Turku were rather boring as it was mainly small roads going across the center of the island with no epic scenery. Also the ferry timetables are made for cars, meaning that you're either in a hurry to get to the next ferry or then you spend quite some time waiting on them. Lots of camping sites with small cabins for rent for those rainy days though.
- Rengastie biketouring 2015/06
A big island outside of Sweden quite popular among bikers. We took the ferry over to Stockholm, rode down to Oskarshamn (~400 km) in two days and then had a bikeslacking trip on the island itself. From Visby we road along the west side to Fårö and down along the east side to Ljugarn. Visby, Kappelshamn, Forå, Katthammarsvik and Ljugarn were definetly my favourite places. Not a lot happening between the towns, but nice and calm roads. Going outside of the high tourist season meant that many places were already closed.
- Gotland biketouring 2014/08
- Granite Gear Crown 2 60
- Six Moon Designs Lunar Solo tent
- Big Agnes Seedhouse SL3 tent
- Marmot Never Summer 3 season bag
- Warmpeace Viking 300 summer bag
- Klymit Static-V Insulated Light sleeping pad
- Therm-a-rest Z Lite Sol sleeping pad
- Therm-a-rest Trekker pillow case
- NEMO Equipment Fillo Elite pillow
- Silk bag liner
- Optimus Crux Lite Solo cooking system
- Jetboil Zip cooking system
- Trangia cooking system
- Sea to summit spoon + foldable plate
- Salomon Quest 4D 2 GTX hiking boot
- Hoka One One Challenger ATR 5 sneaker
- Columbia Outdry EX Featherweight jacket
- 3F UL Gear Rain Kilt
- Tierra Roc Blanc jacket
- Lundhags Avhu pant
- Tierra E14 Padded jacket
- Warmpeace Nordvik light down jacket
- Bergans Ulriken heavy merino sweater
- Decathlon light fleece
- Injinji socks
- Google Pixel 2
- Canon Powershot S90 camera
- GoPro Hero 5 Session camera
- Petzl Zipka headlamp
- Fizan Compact AL Highlander trekking poles
- Katady BeFree filter + CNOC Vector 2L
- Self made puukko knife